History

If you could talk to one historical figure, who would it be? Explain what you would want to talk about.

39 thoughts on “History

1. If I would have a chance to talk to Natalie Grant before she becomes a historical figure. I would ask her why she wanted to become a singer.

2. If I were to talk to one historical figure it would be Abraham Lincoln. I would ask him if the Civil War had not been fought would we have gotten along better. Was fighting really the only way to free the slaves?

3. If I can talk to any historical figure it would be Rosa Park. I would talk to her about how she got so tough and so brave to stand up to those adults and police man. Also, how she said that she had the right to sit in the front and that it is not fair when you can sit in the front because of the color of your skin. I agree with Rosa Parks because she is right and that you should get told to move to the back of a bus just because of the color of your skin.

4. The person I would want to go back in time to meet is Abraham Lincoln. I would like to know why he wanted to be president. I would ask how he felt about the Civil War and why he stood behind it. I think it would be very interesting to hear him talk about his own history.

5. If I talked to one historical figure it would be Abraham Lincoln. If I was able to talk to him right now I would ask him how hard it was to win the presidency. He was president during the Civil War and had to watch it. He tried to stop slavery and sacrificed his life for it.

6. If I could talk to any historical figure it would be Rose Parks. I would talk to her about the incident that made her known. She had to give up her spot on the bus for a white man. She was so brave and tough when she stood up for herself. It does not matter what skin color she had the right to stay on the bus. I don’t know why people made the crazy laws where blacks had to give up their sets for white people!

7. If I could talk to a historical figure it would be Abraham Lincoln. I would want to know more about the history of his time and the laws he made. I would ask him about his childhood. Lastly, I would just enjoy listening to him tell stories.

8. If I could talk to someone in history I would choose Harriet Tubman. I would like to know how she founded the underground railroad. Also, did freeing slaves make her happy? I would like to know if she found it hard to be free.

9. If I were to be able to talk to a person from history it would be my great grandfather. My grandmother says I would have loved him so much, but sadly he died in a war. If I would ask him questions like, “What was the hardest battle you fought?”and “Did you have any friends in the army?”

10. If I could talk to anyone I would talk to Aunt Yvonne. She was very close to me. It would make me very happy to talk to her again. She pasted away because she took an overdose of medicine. [She was sick.] I would ask for a hug and just catch up.

11. If I could talk to a historical figure Natalie Merchants. I would ask her why she wanted to sing, when she started singing and who she likes to listen to on the radio. I would ask her why she wrote the song, “Wonder.

12. If I can talk to any historical figure it would be Rosa Park. I would talk to her about how she got so tough and so brave to stand up to those adults and police man. Also, how she said that she had the right to sit in the front and that it is not fair when you have to sit in the front because of the color of your skin. I agree with Rosa Parks because she is right and you shouldn’t get told to move to the front of a bus just because of the color of your skin

13. If I could talk to any historical person it would be George Washington. He is a very well known historical figure because he was an American general. George was a great leader in my opinion at least. I would love to personally talk to him about his years of being a general and how he liked it!

14. If I could meet any of the historical figure it would be George Washington. This is mentioned because George Washington was the first president of the United States of America and he fought in the revolution for Princeton. In addition he crossed the Delaware river. I would talk about what his first trip was or how he became the United States of America. I would also talk about what his life was like and did he actuality cut down a cherry tree.

15. If I could meet any historical figure, it would be Albert Einstein. I would like to meet Albert Einstein because he invented many different things. I want to ask him how he came up with the ideas for his inventions. I would also like to ask him what it was like to live when he did.

16. If i could talk to a famous historical figure it would be Walt Disney. I would love to know how he made the first ever animated movie in history. I would also like to see what he thinks of more modern Disney creations like “Frozen” and “Zootopia”. I would also ask for tips on animation.

17. If I could meet any one it would be Rosa Park. She stood up for the black people who didn’t have rights like the white people. You shouldn’t be told to move because of your skin color. These are some reasons I would want to meet Rosa Park.

18. If I could meet any historical figure, I would want to meet Kevin Durant. He is a good basketball player. I would like to meet him because I want to learn how to become a better basketball player myself.

19. If I could talk to any historical figure it would be Sacajawea.I would chose her because she helped Lewis and Clark on their journey to the Pacific ocean. Another reason I would want to talk to her is because I really want to know what it was like to be kidnapped when your really young. Finally I would want to know what it was like sailing across the ocean,and becoming famous after you accomplish such a big journey.

20. If I could meet any body that lived many years before me it would be George Washington and his men in the Revolutionary War. If I and one of George Washington`s men could talk I would ask what was it like fighting with George Washington. I would like to talk to George Washington about what would it was like to have people depending on you to make the right moves to attack. That is what what I would like to ask these people that lived many years before me.

21. If I could speak to any historical figure it would be Sacagawea. This would be an honor for me, because Sacagawea is an inspiration to me. She was the daughter of the Shoshone chief. When she was younger she was kidnapped and sold. later she joined the Lewis and Clark expedition. I would love to find out what it was like for her to get kidnapped, be sold, have to marry someone she doesn’t know, and what it felt like to be a part of history.

22. If I could meet any historical figure I would like to meet Theodore Roosevelt because he was an American statesman, author, explorer, soldier, naturalist, and reformer who served as our 26th president. I would ask him what it was like on his adventures.

23. If I could meet any historical figure it would be Rosa Parks. I would want to meet her because she is awesome!!! She was an African American and she refused to give up her seat to a white man on a bus and that was illegal. I would like to talk to her about girl power. She was brave, courageous, and a girl!! It would be really fun to meet Rosa Parks.

24. If I could talk to any historical figure who would it be? I would want to talk to George Washington because he plays a huge roll in american history. I would like to know what it was like to be the first president of the United States, and what challenges he faced throughout the battles he led. I also have always wondered if there was ever anyone that betrayed George Washington in battle. [ pretended to be on his side but was really on the British side] I think that George Washington was an all around great guy and this is why I would want to speak to him.

25. If I could meet any historical figure it would be Amelia Earhart. I want to meet her because she traveled across the Atlantic Ocean. I would like to travel too. Also I wish I could travel all around the world and get to see thing new things. If I could ask her anything it would be (How long did it take you to get there.)

26. If I could go back and talk to anyone it would be my great grandfather, Doc. He died two years ago and even when he was getting old he still came to my school for Veteran’s Day. He was in World War II. What kind of food did you eat in the war? Would you go back to the war again? What was it like during the war? I would ask him if he though he would have lived without God’s angel army around?
    One thing I love about him was that he believed in God and was very godly. He was happy and quite the character. He was funny and somehow when I was mad or sad he could always cheer me up.All the family knows that he loved us and still does. If I had a few more minutes to talk and let him know I loved him and will miss him I would. When I think about how I’ll see him again one day it makes me happy.

27. If I could I would want to talk to my grandmother. I would have called Grandma Donna, but she died on my mom’s third birthday. My mom only has one picture of her in the house where people can see it. I would want to ask her how she died, where they were when it happened, and how old she was.

28. If I could talk to any historical figure it would be George Washington. I would ask him about the Revolutionary War.I would also ask about how he helped in writing the Constitution. I would also ask how it felt to be the first president.

29. If I was able to talk to an historic figure, it would be Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni who was an Italian sculptor, painter, architect, and poet of the High Renaissance from 1475-1564. “Why?” Michelangelo did art like no other and was considered the greatest artist in the world. My second reason is that I want to hear his quotes. If I could talk to historic person, it would be the amazing Michelangelo.

30. If I could talk to any historical figure it would be Lewis from the Lewis and Clark Expedition. I would because that he wrote the journals full of new plants and animals! I want to know his age, where he found what, and all about the journey there!

31. If I could go back in time to meet someone it would be my older sister. I would ask her about her death. What would she like to have been when she grew up.

32. If I were to talk to one historical figure it would be Abraham Lincoln. I would ask him about if it would have been better to talk to others about how to make society better instead of fighting for it.

33. If I could talk to any person it would probably either be my great grandpa Cook or my great grandma Cook. I never got to meet my great grandpa Cook. He passed away right before I was born. I would ask how he died. I would tell him I love him and how crazy papaw is because my papaw is great grandma and grandpa’s son. I would tell great grandma Cook I miss her, love her, and give them both a really big hug.

34. If I could talk to a historical figure it would be Brian Gilbert. I would talk to him about how he became a singer. I want to be a singer when I grow up and I wanted to be taught by him. In my opinion I want to talk to him and no other singers because he makes me feel good with his songs like Modern Day Prodigal Son, Half Way to Heaven, just as I Am, and The Devil Don’t Sleep.

35. If I could talk to another historical figure it would be Michael Jordan because he is the best basketball player in the world. I would ask him why he likes basketball. Also, I would ask if he liked chocolate.