The Rest of the Story Willis

The Crow and the Key

See “The Rest of the Story” through the comments….

98 thoughts on “The Rest of the Story Willis

1. It was now or never. The crow tried to catch the clock on his first try and missed. On his second try he missed again and the third time. The fourth time he missed, but he was so close. Finally, the crow caught the clock and he was two inches from the ground.

2. It was now or never she had to get the key to get in a bunker so she could live after the nuclear bomb that was about to drop and radiate the whole city. She was taking silent steps towards the crow.she jumped and got the key.
    She lost her way going home. She had no idea where to go. She tried to find her house. Then she remembered that she had a compass. She remembered she had to go south that her town was south. The bunker was there too. She headed south got to the bunker. She was so in a rush that she dropped the key and couldn’t find it. She put her hand in the leaves and finally found the key.

She was able to open the bunker for herself. She found food that would last for a year. There was also a lot of drinks. A year after the bomb struck she got out of the bunker. She found that no one there had been injured from the the bomb. She was happy.

• I like your story a lot. It has a lot of details in it and nobody was injured from the bomb. Why was no one injured by the bomb?

• I have a question. If this was a small city and there was an nuclear bomb with nothing hurt, then why would a bomb in abig city like Hiroshima affect everyone and everything?

• I like your descriptive details, but if there was a nuclear bomb how was no one injured? Why would she be happy if everything was destroyed?

3. She jumped to get the key, but instead she got the bird. They fought for the key. The bird got it and flew away. She went inside to bed to sleep.
    The next morning, she was walking down the street and she saw the bird flying to her house. She ran back to her house. When she got there she saw the crow in the tree. She tiptoed to the side of the house and got a ladder. When she got the ladder she tiptoed to the tree. She put the ladder up against the tree to climb up it. When the bird flew away she found the key from the nest. She climbed down the ladder. She went inside her house and put the key on her dresser.

4. It’s now or never he went back and spread his wings and flew. The crow almost got the key. Now it’s a race. The crow flew as fast as it could. The girl ran and hid. Out of nowhere the crow appeared. It crowed and caught a bug and ate it.

5. It was now or never. It’s our only hope. My town is dying, that key is the only answer. I need to get that gilt key! It holds great potential. It can stop any hazard from any direction.

I leaped with faith, fingers crossed, reaching for the key with all my aim. I opened my eyes, I had caught the crow by the throat. Its noises were hoarse and raspy. I grabbed the key relieved, and grinned with such pride.

I watched the bird fly up in the sunlight and turn to dust. That key gave it immortality. Maybe I could give the town immortality too, but I should think that over before I do…

“I should go now,” I said as I walked out of the old dirty mansion.

6. She took another and another and another step until she was finally there. She went to grab the key, but the crow flew away. She chased it through the woods. Finally, it landed. She went for the grab, but it left again. So,she chased it for an hour.Finally, out of breath the bird landed and she got the key.

7. It’s now or never. The crow stepped back, spread his wings, and flew to. The bird almost got away. It became a race between the crow and her. It flew as fast as it could. She tried to keep up, but it was much faster than her. She would have to find it or the world was done.

• I like your story a lot. One reason I like it is that you added a race to it. I like stories with races in them. I have two questions though, what would happen if she didn’t get the key? Second, is how did the story end?

8. It was now or never I walked slow, but the bird attacked. I tried to get the key but it flew away. I chased it for a will. It landed on a tree and I didn’t know where I was.

I tried to find a way to get up the tree, but I don’t have a ladder or a rope. I tried to get the bird down on the ground, but it wouldn’t come down. I found a stick and threw it into the tree. The crow flew away. I chased it.

It landed on the roof where its nest was. I went up to get the key when it was asleep. I got the key, but the bird woke up. I fell to the ground and it attacked. I ran and hid in a hollow log. It did not find me. I returned to my house the next day and gave the key back to my mom.

9. It’s now or never the key is the only hope to set the kingdom free. I need the key it took to the sky.
    She thought, “I have finally gotten the key it’s time to go save the Kingdom.”

“I need to get the key to the king,” said the bird. “It’s a long way though. Well, I better set off.”

She finally arrived at the kingdom where the king was dying.
    She needed the key to unlock the healing potion, but she had to find it first. She thought and she thought. Finally she said I know I will ask the witch to see If she has the potion then she headed to the witch’s house. She knocked on the door.
    When the witch opened the door she asked, “What do you want?” asked the witch.
    “Do you have a purple and blue potion mixed?”
    “Yes, it’s my healing potion.”
    “May I, please, have it?”
    “Yes, you may.”
    The bird set off and arrived at the kingdom to give me the potion.
    “Here you go drink up!” I said and the king became better.

10. She jumped at the crow and caught the crow. Then the key got stuck in the ground. A dog got the key and took off with it. Now she had to chase a dog. She chased the dog. The dog put the key in the key hole and then went in to her home. It ran off without the key.

11. “It’s either now or never,” she thought. Finally she dove in and got the key. She put time back to normal and everybody was happy. Then the bird began pecking at the girl. She was injured for quite some time. She had to go to the doctor, but that did not matter to her because the town was happy.

12. She tried to get the key, but he flew away. She never got it although she was right behind the bird. When he flew away the key had dropped the key on the ground. She grabbed it and ran to the place. She hurried before the time was out. Finally, she got back in time.

13. The crow did not hear or see her. She shut the window and door so the crow could not fly out. She grabbed the crow. She got the key she wanted. She opened the window and let the crow go. She never saw the crow after that.

14. It was now or never. The crow had to make a choice and that choice was the greatest choice he had ever made. It had to fly away without the key or to walk to the key and possibly get caught. If the crow were me I would do the best. I could to try to get that beautiful charming key. I could get rich, buy a house, and everything in the world would be wonderful.

15. Christian P, I thought your post was really cool because you used very short details. It was kind of like a fairy tale.

16. It was now or never I walk slow but the bird attacked. I tried to get the key but it got it and flew. I chaste it for a while but it landed on a tree and I don’t know where I am. So I try to find a way to get up there but I don’t have a later or a rope. I try to get the bird down on the ground but it won’t come down so I find a stick and frown the stick so it flew away. I chase it lands on the roof were it nest is so I went up to get the key whey it is asleep I got the key but the bird woke up it attacked the later and I fell. I run and hide in a loge it did not find me. I went to my house and I give the key back to my mom.

17. It was now or never. The crow tried to catch the clock on his first try and missed. On his second try he missed again, and on the third time. The fourth time he missed but he was so close. Finally, the crow caught the clock when he was two inches from the ground.

• Thanks Chris your story was interesting. I loved the part when the crow caught the clock. How did you give so many details in only 3 sentences?

18. She had to make a choice to get the key. If she did not get the key, she would lose her life. She ran out of time she did not get the key. She never got the key and died.

19. The girl got has been chasing the crow all day. She had to tip toe. She saw the key in its big sharp beak. The crow flew away without the key. She went with the key before the time was almost gone. She unlocked the clock with only two minutes left. She was happy with tears in her eyes.

20. She had been chasing it all day. Now, the crow had it. Time was ticking. Time was running out. She tiptoed towards the creature, seeing the precious key it held precariously in its sharp, cruel beak. It let out an irritating, throaty cackle, its soot black, it was time to ketch the crow to get the key then she went for the bird. Then she jumped and she grabbed the crow and then she got the key. Then she grabbed the key out of the bird’s mouth and when and saved her true love.

21. It was now or never I walk slow but the bird attacked. I tried to get the key but the crow got it and flew. I chaste it for a while but it landed on a tree and I didn’t know where I was. So I try to find a way to get up to the tree but I don’t have a later or a rope. I try to get the bird down on the ground but it won’t come down so I find a stick and frown the stick so it flew away. I chaste it lands on the roof were it nest is so I went up to get the key whey it is asleep I got the key but the bird woke up it attacked the later and I fell. I run and hide in a loge it did not find me. I went to my house and I give the key back to my mom.

22. She jumped and tried to get the key, but the crow flew away.The crow dropped the key and she picked it up. She went back with the key she got there in time. The key was for her house.

23. She had been chasing the crow all day. Now, the crow had the key. Time was ticking and running out. She tiptoed towards the creature, seeing the precious key it held precariously in its sharp, cruel beak. It let out an irritating, throaty cackle. It was time to catch the crow to get the key. She jumped, grabbed the crow, and grabbed the key out of the bird’s mouth Now she was able to save her true love.

24. It was now or never, and if the crow puts the key in the clock time was done. The girl was thinking the time was running out. She knew the answer. It was time to run to get to the clock, but not get the crow. She could get the clock, but the crow was important too. Without the key, her heart would stop. She thought that she was done forever. She stepped back. When she did she found something on the ground. She thought that it was a trap, but instead it was a symbol for death.

25. It was now or never. She tried to get the key, but a crow took off with it. She was looking everywhere for the crow. She was very worried about the key. She would have to find it soon.

26. It’s now or never. The crow went back to spread his wings and fly. The crow almost got away. Now it’s a race between the crow and her. The crow flew as fast as it could. She ran and hid. Out of nowhere the crow appeared and got her. He opened the clock.

27. It is now or never. she got key from the crow. she
    opened the door and its gold coins, so dreamy, so shiny.
    She jumped into it.
    she yelled, “Gold, it is worth millions!”
    She loved it,’’ all mine, mine! It’s all mine! ha ha ha ha
    ha ha ha ha.

28. It was now or never. The girl jumped for the key and missed. The crow flies away. She looks all over for the crow and the key. She couldn’t find either of them.
    Then, one day she found the crow sitting on a small tree branch. She climbed the tree to sneak up on the crow. She finally made it. She caught the crow and got the key back. She let go of the crow and the crow flew away.
    The crow said, “I will get the key one day.’’
    The girl never saw the crow again.

29. It was now or never. Before she could get the crow, ran at the crow, but the crow took off for a tree with the key. Then Amy climbed up the tree and grabbed one of the crows feathers and plucks it off. The crow went higher up the tree. Following the crow up the tree, Amy fell off the tree and is covered in mud and leaves. She wanted to sneak up on the crow when the crow comes down.
    The crow lands on the ground with the key still in its beak. Amy stood up and ran toward the crow. When she got close enough she grabbed the key out of its beak. She runs to her parent’s little shack, opens the metal box in and saw one million dollars. She bought a good house, a car and was able go to college.

30. She followed the bird to a place she had never been before and the girl had been everywhere. The bird had a key and that was strange. The bird was smarter than the girl because the bird looked forward instead of looked up. She was looking up because she was following the bird. She never looked down and ran right into a tree, but that did not stop her.

“Where is that bird going now?” she thought to herself. The bird flew down on a clock. The bird put the key in the clock.

The girl looked and said, “Now or never,” The bird looked at the girl, then disappeared. And the girl started to cry that was here best friend. The bird may have disappeared, but the boy inside the bird did not. She felt a hand rub her back and say its ok.

She looked up and the boy was standing behind her. She stood up and said you are my best friend I just want you to know I love you like my own brother. The girl had always wanted a brother like him now she had one. This was the best day of her life. After that they became best friends and then they felt like they were brother and sister.